Developed by


By Bjarne Lühr Hansen PhD, MD and Philipp Skafte-Holm MD, Mentor Institute

Poison are substances that cause transient or permanent damage if consumed in large quantities. The most frequent poisoning is with medicine, alcohol and bases or acids. Always consult a doctor immediately if poisoning is suspected.

The symptoms of poisoning will primarily depend on which poison has been taken. The most common symptoms are vomiting, difficulty breathing, drowsiness and cramps. In case of ingestion of acids or bases, it will cause corrosion in the mouth and in the throat.

Click here to assess the sick.

What can you do?

If consciously poisoned, contact your own doctor or the emergency service. If the poison is unconscious and breathes, then he or she should be placed in recovery position and emergency service is called. If the poison is unconscious and does not breathe, resuscitation starts and emergency service is called.

Contact the doctor tomorrow

Not applicable.

Contact the doctor immediately

In any poisoning.